Problem starting NASA World Wind.

Mr Mistoffelees 18:05 16 May 05

I have installed NASA World Wind. The installation completed successfully, but the program will not run. I get the following error message:- "File or assembly name Microsoft, DirectX, Direct3DX, or one of it's dependencies, was not found." Does anyone know how I can fix this? I have installed the most recent graphics drivers and the most recent update of DirectX 9.0c including Managed directX. OS is Windows XP Pro SP2. I am out for a while this evening but will be back at about 9.00pm to see whats happening. Thank-you.

Mr Mistoffelees 21:17 16 May 05

Up again.

Mr Mistoffelees 22:08 16 May 05

Re-bumped.

Border Collie 22:17 16 May 05

I have downloaded NASA World Wind, installed and run without a problem, maybe there was a hiccup with your download.

Or, if I read your thread right, you downloaded then installed DirectX afterwards. If this is the case, why not uninstall World Wind and re-install now DirectX is in place.

I thought it would go down to street level (wrong). I find the definition is excellent when viewing from 10km or above but lower than this it becomes blurred.

Border Collie 22:18 16 May 05

I have downloaded NASA World Wind, installed and run without a problem, maybe there was a hiccup with your download.

Or, if I read your thread right, you downloaded then installed DirectX afterwards. If this is the case, why not uninstall World Wind and re-install now DirectX is in place.

I thought it would go down to street level (wrong). I find the definition is excellent when viewing from 10km or above but lower than this it becomes blurred.

Mikè 22:24 16 May 05

Have you tried running dxdiag ?

AndySD 22:25 16 May 05

Try going Start then Run type in

dxdiag

check each tad for problems...are there any??

i had problems with it running and it was because of the microsoft net framework,so i downloaded it and all went fine..dont think its the same prob as yours though as the nassa worldwind prompted me to download it..kind regards akanic

Mr Mistoffelees 17:04 17 May 05

I had a different problem before and updated the .net framework. I was already on Directx 9.0c and ran Dxdiags, which found no problems but the FAQs suggested I needed the managed DirectX, hence the further update. All this, and then reinstalling World Wind, fixed a previous problem but threw up this new error.

P.S. I also re-downloaded World Wind before reinstalling. Perhaps I need to wait for the next program update.

Border Collie 17:33 17 May 05

Mr Mistoffelees,strange that as I'm using DirectX 9.0c and no problems.

Have you checked the list of video cards that have been reported to work with World Wind? click here Is yours on the list?

When you say you can't get it to work can you get as far as the World on a blue background with the various tabs running along the top?

I'm still finding my way around because I thought I was unable to get to street level but have now find how to, USA only.

Border Collie 17:33 17 May 05

Mr Mistoffelees,strange that as I'm using DirectX 9.0c and no problems.

Have you checked the list of video cards that have been reported to work with World Wind? click here Is yours on the list?

When you say you can't get it to work can you get as far as the World on a blue background with the various tabs running along the top?

I'm still finding my way around because I thought I was unable to get to street level but have now find how to, USA only.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

These are the Best Christmas Ads and Studio Projects of 2016

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…