Problem starting my laptop! dll?

Nathredwood 19:26 07 Dec 06

STOP: c000021A {fatal system error}
THE WINDOWS LOGON PROCESS SYSTEM PROCESS TERMINATED UNEXPECTADELY WIT A STATUS OF 0xc0000034 (0x00000000 0x00000000).
The system has been shut down.

HELP! Before i had this come up it failed to make it to the login screen because of 'bad images' and refered to missing dll's. I can access the system recovery console before i recieve this message so any help would be great. XP was pre loaded so i have no cd.

Cheers Nath

Nathredwood 19:56 07 Dec 06

Since my last post my situation has changed. after managing to make it into safe mode on a random restart i did a couple of scans and cleaned up my computer of anything unneccesary. upon restarting my laptop again i now havea message reading.

Windows could not start because rhe following file is missing or corrupt:
\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\CONFIG\SYSTEM

You can attempt to repair this file by starting windows seteup using the original Setup CD-ROM.

This is clearly a problemn as i dont have a cd-rom.

Jackcoms 20:06 07 Dec 06

"This is clearly a problemn as i dont have a cd-rom."

And probably insurmountable, unless you have a copy of Windows on another partition perhaps - which you could burn to CD and use as a setup disk?

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 20:08 07 Dec 06

click here

Make a boot CD

copy the system file from C:\windows\repair to c:\windows\systm32\config

woodchip 20:26 07 Dec 06

If you can get back into safe mode, Go to run and type

SFC /SCANNOW and press enter. It may repair reinstall missing or corrupt files from the i386 folder in the Windows Folder.

It may also be Bad Memory Module

Nathredwood 19:12 08 Dec 06

cd drive aint workin can i use a data stick and if so what would the file directory be?

VoG II 19:17 08 Dec 06
  Nathredwood 19:34 08 Dec 06

cheers vog but i have a problem using this method also as i cant use a cd.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Hands-on with the Star Wars fighting drones you can fly yourself

15 macOS Sierra tips | How to use macOS Sierra: Secret tricks and best new features in Apple's new…