problem starting computer up from main power?

gazza64 12:07 01 Oct 04

I have had my rebuilt new computer for a week when i noticed i could not turn it on first time, it took 2 or 3 goes turning on and off from the main socket in wall. I have used 3 seperate surge strips and 2 computer power leads as well as pluging computer straight into wall socket.The computer is a carrera octan 64/6800, the computer can be shut down with no problem any way you like software or silver on/off button on front panel, it just will not start first time.All other devices printer/scanner work fine and come on ok just not computer. I have contacted carrera and they are helping, but i would welcome any advice.I will try to answer any questions, thanxs.

SANTOS7 12:13 01 Oct 04

Have you looked at the wiring in the wall socket, may be a good place to start

pj123 16:23 01 Oct 04

If everything else works that is plugged into the wall socket (try a portable light in the socket, if that works it is not the wall socket) that the computer is connected to I would suspect a faulty PSU in the computer, or the connection from the PSU to the motherboard. Check out the PSU to Motherboard connection by unplugging it from the Motherboard and plugging it back in again. Make sure it is firmly plugged in.

ray27 17:22 01 Oct 04

Is this a new computer?
If it is then I dont see why you should have to try and repair it yourself.

Carrera state that they offer on site service or are they just doing what so many other companys say and when it actualy comes to needing service they bluff their way out of it

This is an old problem that that I feel strongly about

I had problems with mesh and through this forum I managed to get a full refund after a year in which I returned the computer twice and reinstalled windows 3 times on their instructions .

So my advice to you is to demand your money back and any out of pocket expenses that you have have had to bare.

ray27 12:54 02 Oct 04

bump

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…