Problem Starting Up on 98SE

killernofiller101 20:26 20 Sep 03

I have a System Commander on my computer, a chinese and english version. It seem sfine and I had this computer for 6 years and it never failed me. Now when I go to the english version, i see the Window 98 logo when it starts but it does start the desktop. I waited for 30 minutes and nothing had change. Everything is responding but it is just stuck there, What should I do? please help a.s.a.p.

harry_b 22:35 20 Sep 03

after selecting the os to boot hold down the ctrl key until another menu appears, select "safe mode" and see if it boots, if it does then remove any recently installed software or drivers (ie installed just prior to the problem) and reboot, if this doesnt work then following the same procedure to get the menu select command prompt only and restore a registry backup by typing scanreg /restore at the command prompt this will allow you to replace the registry with a previous backup provided the backups are ok.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Qualcomm Snapdragon 835 benchmarks: Antutu, Geekbench 4, GFXBench and PCMark results

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This animated short film tells a moving story of domestic violence for Refuge

New iPad 2017 preview: Apple's affordable but underspecced new iPad may appeal to the education…