Problem with start up in Windows 98

fordfocus 16:51 19 Mar 04

When switching on the computer it starts to load then comes up with a message telling me that there is a system / registry file missing.
The missing file is C:\QBWIN\VFINTD.386
It says if it is no longer needed then to remove the software associated with it, but I dont know what it is that I need to remove.

This computer is used purely by children for word proessing / home work etc so I tried to format the C drive to see if this would help but the computer wouldn't let me.

Has anyone got any idea what the problem is and what I need to do to correct it. A friend said it sounded as though the C drive was no good and would need replacing.

Any advice will be appreciated

mackaycc 17:06 19 Mar 04
  mackaycc 17:07 19 Mar 04

Follow those instructions and you should be able to sort it.

fordfocus 17:53 19 Mar 04

The computer cant even find the system ini files or winini files to create original back.

Thanks anyway

Would it be worth trying to format the c drive
if so is there an easy way to do this

GaT7 18:09 19 Mar 04

Start -> Run. Type Sysedit & press OK. You can know access and edit the System.ini & Win.ini files. Now you should be able to do what mackaycc suggested earlier.

What you're experiencing is a fairly minor problem & I wouldn't recommend a format/reinstall just yet.

fordfocus 19:26 19 Mar 04

Thanks

It appears to be OK now

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

The Pantone Colour of the Year 2017 is Green

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…