Problem with Start Up

badgermansix 18:22 12 Jul 04

WinXP Home edition, through an error on my part, at start up while system is loading I am now getting the option on the DOS screen to select either "Microsoft WindowsXP Home edition" or "Microsoft WindowsXP Setup" how can I remove the M/S WinXP Setup" option please?

harps1h 18:26 12 Jul 04

what was the error you made?

also when it gives you this choice it can mean that the system is not shutting down properly.

VoG II 18:28 12 Jul 04
  badgermansix 22:43 12 Jul 04

VoG, thanks a lot, that appears to have solved the problem, although I did get a bit of a sweat on messing about with the insides! (if you know what I meam?) :-)

harps1h, thanks, but it is now sorted, the error I made was thinking that I should re-install XP over the top of the existing XP, I had to stop the installation.

The reason that I was going to do this is because we (my wife and I), just cannot resolve an ongoing problem on both of our PC's the problem being that none (4) of our DVD/CD/ROM/ CDR/RW drives will autorun, which we now think may have been caused by Nero (being uninstalled/reinstalled.
Thanks again.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

New Google phones UK release date | Pixel XL price, new features, specifications: Pixel X and…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This is the future of TV, VR and holograms

iPhone 7 review: Enhanced cameras, a refreshed design and water resistance make the iPhone 7 an…