problem with spybot

WILLYCARSON 21:33 17 Aug 03

i have recently reinstalled everything on my computer. And have reinstalled spybot i tryed to get updates for it and it always crashes. I have allowed it totall access through my firewall. Have tryed it a few times and i am at the end of my tether with it,

Can anyone help me plz, it will ber gratefully appreciated

canard 21:36 17 Aug 03

last update me too.

Ironman556 21:39 17 Aug 03

Even on a fresh install on my system, when SS&D updates the program will not work properly while it is downloading.

If I minimize, it won't maximize immidiately, and when it does, doesn't display properly. if this is what you're getting, leave it to carry on and it *will* download and install the updates ok.

Ironman.

krypt1c 21:56 17 Aug 03

When you say it crashes is this during the search for updates or when trying to download updates? If it's the 2nd try downlaoding from 1 of the mirror sites. I use EON (Australia). The default is Safer-Networking#1 (Europe)

Glyn-252301 21:59 17 Aug 03

Spybot refuses to update and if I try a second time the graphics freeze. Likely a problem with the server seeing how many folk are having problems. Regards G.

frankie 22:08 17 Aug 03

i believe they now have a patch for that

WILLYCARSON 22:12 17 Aug 03

i have tryed thaT . Reinstalled and run update again the same thing happened again. How do u get the patch for it. I have to use the task manager to close it down because it has frozen on me

acfc 22:17 17 Aug 03

While i don't know what causes the probem I have managed to download the updates. Instead of worring about the fact that it has locked up, just click download and walk away for a couple of cups of tea. When you come back it will have completed the update and all will be well

muppetmark 22:41 17 Aug 03

It's always that way for a day or two when spybot has been updated, give it time and it will get downloaded,

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Amazon Fire HD 8 review: A brilliant combination of function and value – with one massive caveat

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How to create an introvert-friendly workplace

iPhone 7 review: Enhanced cameras, a refreshed design and water resistance make the iPhone 7 an…