Problem with SP1 W7

pk46 18:51 13 Mar 11

Has anyone else had a problem with File Association IE if i click on my computer name and click on an icon all i get is THIS FILE DOES NOT HAVE A PROGRAM ASSOCIATED WITH IT FOR PREFORMING THIS ACTION my USB Hard Drive backup does not work
if i uninstall SP1 W7 everything is fine.
I should point out that there is no change in music if i use WMP or Favourites if your browser is open.

northumbria61 21:10 13 Mar 11

It appears that there are a few problems with
W7 SP1 as you have already found out - and that is one reason why I have "delayed" downloading at the present time - however there may be others who find things are running okay.

pk46 21:34 13 Mar 11

I removed the update from my first computer
as i said that is now ok,my second did not respond
to system restore an i was unable to find the file
KB976932 TO DO A MANUAL UNINSTALL so had to do a full system reinstall i did not reload any of my files till all updates were installed including
SP1 W7 after a reboot there was no problems installing my files,so it looks as if you have todo a full system reinstall many people won't be happy with that.

rdave13 21:49 13 Mar 11

System restore won't remove a service pack as that will be the last restore point . To remove Win 7 SP1 then go to programs and features, select 'view installed updates' on the left column, right click service pack for microsoft windows (KB976932) and select uninstall.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is ransomware and how do I protect my PC from WannaCry?

What I learned from my mentor, Oscar-winning VFX supervisor Phil Tippett

Siri vs Google Assistant