Problem with sound using dvd's on laptop

frenchman96 16:39 09 Oct 07

I have just played 4 dvd's in my new dvd recorder and they play fine but when trying them in laptop, the sound is warbled and low, even when on high.

Have tried a "shop bought" audio cd and that is similar.

But when I play music from My Music, no problem so it seems to relate to bought audio cd's and films on dvd.

It is under warranty but it will be sent to Toshiba and could be 4 weeks.

Are there any tests I could do before going to that trouble?

umbongo(uk) 17:26 09 Oct 07

download this and try (dvds/audio cd)them in the player get back and tell if it worked

click here

its flv player and will play any format going
this should eliminate player software error

also have you tried updateing your sound driver

if you have some external speakers try them as well ,as my sister had a similar issue when using an external source media ,it was the speakers on her laptop not able to take the sound from the discs on high ,but was not distorted just crackley on full with hiss,lol dont ask im still trying to figure it out ,think its just bad speaker in the laptop as they artnt realy for high settings

if these dont work it may be the drive unit itself

keep us posted :)

frenchman96 20:26 09 Oct 07

umbongo(uk)

Does it mean the player you suggest will replace me using WMP?

umbongo(uk) 18:01 12 Oct 07

srry i linked you to the wrong thing
you want vlc player
click here

it may take over but all you do is run wmp and it should say tht its not default ,then ask u if it should be the default player again
again you decide

have you tried the audio update yet
and did this help

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Prehistoric Britain is laid out in these Royal Mail stamp illustrations

Best running headphones | Best sport & fitness headphones: 4 brilliant pairs of wireless…