Problem setting up RAID

Coaster3 22:56 27 Sep 03

This morning I put two new HDDs on the RAID primary chanel of my computer. I have an Abit KR7A RAID Board with an XP1800 and Win XP Pro.

The instructions say set 1st 2nd and 3rd boot disks to RAID which I did. They then say hold down CTRL H while booting to get the RAID setup screen. This I did.

When the RAID setup screen appeared it was completely frozen and I couldn't do anything with it.

It does this every time.

Any ideas please?

oglemire 23:02 27 Sep 03

do you get any response from the RAID bios without any devices attached? if not check the manual on your RAID card / MB .. you may need to hit a hot key sequence to activate a menu etc in the RAID BIOS.

Chegs ® 23:16 27 Sep 03

Have a look thru the instructions for jumper settings on the HDD's.I have had similar hassles setting up SATA RAID system,and I cannot remember what I did to its jumpers,but altering them cured my troubles.

Lead 00:21 28 Sep 03

I have had a quick look on the web, but have been able to find anything specific. You could look here:

click here

or here:
click here

Have you enabled the RAID option aswell as setting the boot sequence?

Might be worth flashing your BIOS to get the most up to date RAID controllers.

Lead 00:27 28 Sep 03

PS It says the FAQ is no longer maintained, but if you search the two sites above, you may find an old (but still functioning) link to it. This is what I had to do when configuring the RAID on an ageing KT7-RAID.

In my case the official RAID BIOS (v1.1 if I remember) embedded within the system BIOS would not support XP (it had to be > v2.2 afaik). So I had to flash it with an unofficial version, with the updated RAID BIOS included.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Intel Coffee Lake 8th-gen Core processors release date rumours

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Framestore’s haunting post-WWII title sequence for new BBC series SS-GB

Best iPhone games 2017 | Best iPad games 2017: 162 fantastic iOS games that you need to play right…