//some 3rd party need geo

problem sending in outlook

willhay 20:27 21 Mar 04

Does anyone have trouble sending with outlook, I can send with outlook express but I have moved to outlook and I have the settings the same as express but I still have trouble sending, I have use the test account button and they send perfectly but if I try to send an email to anywhere I just get errors, saying there was an interuption and the message just sits in the outbox. Looks like express is the better version, so much for progress

VoG II 20:30 21 Mar 04

Can you post the version of Outlook and the exact error message.

There is really no benefit of using Outlook rather than OE just for e-mails. If you're using the calendar etc as well, its different.

Valvegrid 20:34 21 Mar 04

I'm not sure why you are using Oulook. Outlook is a marvelous tool if you are on an intrenet network, I use it at work in a big organisation but not at home, Outlook Express does everthing I need. It might be worth sticking with good old OE.

willhay 20:38 21 Mar 04

Task 'Home - Sending' reported error (0x8004210B) : 'The operation timed out waiting for a response from the sending (SMTP) server. If you continue to receive this message, contact your server administrator or Internet service provider (ISP).'

I doubt it is the service provider as I have just sent the same message in express and it went, one thing I have just received the thread notification from here it seems I just cant send, I am using it as we use it at work and using the same thing is always easier, version is from office 2003, hope this helps

VoG II 20:41 21 Mar 04
  willhay 20:54 21 Mar 04

nope that didnt work. Anymore ideas before I go back to express

Big Bill 21:12 21 Mar 04

Check that OL is set as default and that the internet options are the same
i.e. pop etc

willhay 21:15 21 Mar 04

done that

GaT7 21:35 21 Mar 04

You may consider a 'repair' of Outlook but might entail doing a complete repair of Office 2003. I'm talking from Office 2000 experience - you may have better repair options in Office 2003 & is worth a try I suppose.

willhay 21:45 21 Mar 04

Cobblers to it, thanx for the help but nothing has worked, probabley a ploy to make me go and buy office xp, well no way gatesy boy, have gone back to express, cynical O know but there ya go :-)

VoG II 21:46 21 Mar 04

If you didn't have Office, how come you had Outlook?

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is Google Allo? What is Google Duo? Google Allo UK release date rumours and features: Google…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

These clever designs help visualise a complex intelligence tool

iOS 10 troubleshooting tips: Simple fixes for the most common iOS 10 problems, from network…