Sniper Elite 4 review: Headshotting Nazis has never felt so good
I have a brand new Dell running XPmedia. I have a Navman PDA supplied with Outlook 2002 (sucessfully installed). I have just changed from BTYahoo basic mail to Premium mail to allow me to use outlook to email. I have set up the email account as per the help pages of BTYahoo but I don't appear to be able to send emails. I have contacted BTyahoo they say it is a Microsoft problem. Microsoft say it is a Navman problem because it is an OEM version.Dell don't want to know either as they say it is nothing to do with them. I am still waiting for Navman to call me back but I am not holding my breath.
When I run the test account I get:
Establish network connection - completed
Find outgoing mailserverSMTP - completed
Find incoming mailserver POP3 - completed
Log onto incoming mail server POP3 - completed
Send test email message - failed
the error message states : send eamil message - Unable to send message. Please verify email address field.
As I use @talk21.com I also have BTopenworld address and BTinternet address I have tried them all with the same result.
would appreciate any ideas, as the guys who are responsible for the software obviously don't give a xxxxx. Thanks in anticipation
But no joy I am afraid
Only other suggestion I can make
I installed a Navman GPS for a mate and was not really impressed with their help site.
Is it feasible to uninstall Navman completely and then test email again to prove or disprove it really is Nvaman causing problems.
I don't think it is a problem with Navman.I thin it is either one of the settings (although I have tried all that I can think of)I am comming round to the idea that it might be the router/modem that is causing the problem. I did have previous problems accessing the internet with the last computer I had, and now this new one has just stopped accessing the internet. Although this laptop connected via a different port seems to connect okay.If you are interested this is the link to the thread click here
I think I am going to have to try a bit more switching around leads although I have done that already
Turned of the new computer for five minutes and now it is away again on the internet. Very strange I can't fathom it out. changing the network leads round didn't help. Something is wrong but not sure what
I will put this as resolved, as I can't see a way of sorting the problem. since the restart the PC appears to be working okay. As a final addendum Outlook express installs and works both sending and receiving, I have tried to replicate the settings in Outlook 2002 but with no luck.
Thanks again to all those who tried to help
This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.