Problem sending e-mail

TommyRed 21:04 28 Feb 05

I am trying to send an e-mail but have encountered a problem. When I try and send I get a 'HTML mail question' box which says "Some of the recipients are not listed as being able to receive HTML mai blah, blah, blah" I'm then given 3 options'Send in plain text and HTML, Send in plain text only, send in HTML only' whichever I choose results in a 'Mail Server Password Required' and despit adding every password I can think of, it still pops back up. Any help urgently needed, TIA TR

octal 21:26 28 Feb 05

It sounds like you're using Thunderbird email client? You get the HTML nag with that. Are you sure its not a problem with your ISP not processing SMTP at the moment. Who is you ISP?

TommyRed 21:35 28 Feb 05

PlusNet, I'll check the server status and yes, I am using thunderbird. This does happen at times but I've never encountered this problem before. TR

TommyRed 21:46 28 Feb 05

Can't tell, though there appears to be a problem with certain e-mail clients. Tried to e-mail myself got same result. TR

octal 21:50 28 Feb 05

I just checked their server status click here and there seems to be a minor problem on the email. Was it working previously? The only other thing I can think of is to try another email client if you have one to make sure its not a problem with Tbird.

octal 21:53 28 Feb 05

Blast! Sorry about that link, this is the one: click here

TommyRed 22:03 28 Feb 05

Sent myself an e-mail from yahoo, came through along with another. I'll try again in morning to see if it's a server problem, if still the same I'll contact PlusNet support to see if it's there problem. Thanks TR

octal 22:06 28 Feb 05

OK mate, good luck.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Hands-on: Samsung Galaxy S8 review

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Samsung's beautifully designed Galaxy S8 makes for better VR experiences too

47 iPhone camera tips to help you take better photos