problem sending & receiving emails

handout 23:04 12 Feb 14
Answered

Hi all hope someone can give me some advice, I have started having problems sending emails,at first I was being asked for confirmation of password before receiving email's which after doing this a few times seemed to be receiving them ok. I then tried sending emails which again I was asked to confirm passwords but these were rejected.I then had test emails sent to my 3 addresses by my daughter,two arrived ok but one did not arrive.On checking her sentbox there was a small android type figure over the one that did not arrive,does anyone know what this is,and if there are problems with BT internet for outgoing emails.thank

alanrwood 10:45 13 Feb 14

I would ask BT what it means and if they are having a problem. Their support is free.

handout 18:15 13 Feb 14

thanks alanrwood I am waiting for a reply from bt but am trying to do a bit of self help in the meentime.

Woolwell 18:51 13 Feb 14

The problems that you have are usually caused by the ISP server and often sort themselves out. But create pain whilst it lasts. Can you access the emails by webmail?

handout 20:03 14 Feb 14
Answer

just thought i would update on progress such as it is. BT THINKthere had been unusual activity with this address & had been deactivated, so I am just going to ditch this secondary address. The android logo that appeared on my address in my daughters sent box has them stumped they have never seen this before & think it may be some sort of virus. scanned & nothing found.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

The Legend of Zelda Breath of the Wild review: Five hours with Zelda on the Nintendo Switch

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How the painting-like animated sequences in A Monster Calls were created by Glassworks Barcelona

The 22 best Safari extensions | Best Safari plugins: Improve Apple's Safari web browser with these…