Problem selling on eBay??

Simsy 18:35 23 Mar 07

Folks,

I've sold a lot on eBay in the past, but not for a while... Now I'm doing something wrong but I can't figure out what...

I'm trying to sell a stick of RAM, but when I get to the bit when you enter seling details it wont let me enter a sensible reserve price, insisting that it's "at least £50.00"

It's a stick of 512M Pc2100 so that's obviously far too high... what am I doing wrong? I'm sure I must be missing something obvious. I've not even entered any other figures yet!!

Thanks in advance,

Regards,

Simsy

Yes on e-bay the minimum reserve is £50. If you don't want it to go for a 'song' set a higher starting price. Although that way it will attract less bidders. Its a gamble!!

Simsy 18:48 23 Mar 07

I can't set a starting bid of, say £2 with a, (sensible) reserve of £10 ??

It hasn't always been like that has it?

Regards,

Simsy

Yes it has, well as long as I have been doing it. How much are you looking to get for it? If you want say £15 try doing 'Buy-It-Now' with 'Best Offers' and set the BIN price at say £20. Then when someone offers you an amount you can either accept it or decline it until you get offered an amount you are happy with.

pj123 19:30 23 Mar 07

Simsy, that is a fairly recent change.

Set your starting bid at whatever minimum price you would accept.

Or as [email protected] says, do it as a Buy it Now sale.

Simsy 19:45 23 Mar 07

It's been a while since I sold anything, hence my confusion!

Seems I wasn't doing anything wrong then!

Ta,

Regards,

Simsy

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Sony Xperia XZ Premium review: Hands-on with the new 4K HDR phone with Motion Eye camera and Snapdr5…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Best laptop for design and art 2017: we test Apple, Dell, HP, Lenovo and Microsoft's best models…

CarPlay tips & troubleshooting guide: CarPlay tips & troubleshooting guide: Get the most from…