Problem seeing connected USB devices

squ1rrel 01:13 22 Jan 04

I have a new Innovision Firewire/USB 2.0 (4 port) combo PCI card in an old Compaq Deskpro 2000 running Win ME.

Windows finds the card and I've loaded the drivers. Device Manager shows 2 host controllers each with a "USB Root Hub", and 1 host controller with a "USB 2 Root Hub".

The problem is that although the card itself is recognised, no USB devices attached to it are seen by Windows. Is there some other setting I need to enable to see these devices?

(I've tried the same card and usb devices in another box and everything works there, so the hardware is good.)

Any ideas?

ventanas 08:24 22 Jan 04

Similar problem with one of my machines. DM the same as yours, but finds everything I plug in as Unknown Device. No probs on other machines.

This will put the thread back to the top, and hopefully someone will respond. Probably something to do with m/b drivers.

Big Elf 11:27 22 Jan 04

What are the USB devices that you're trying to connect?

ventanas 11:33 22 Jan 04

Memory card and scanner. I've given up now and use a different machine. (The scanner does support USB2).
The unusual thing about the pc where it didn't work is that I got no message about new hardware found when I plugged the card in, just took a lot longer to boot. But it shows in DM just as squ1rrel's does.

Card is from Apaptec.

squ1rrel 14:57 22 Jan 04

I'm trying to connect a Lexar JumpDrive and a Handspring cradle.

squ1rrel 14:57 22 Jan 04

I'm trying to connect a Lexar JumpDrive and a Handspring cradle.

Big Elf 15:03 22 Jan 04

You could try another card?

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

New Google phones UK release date | Pixel XL price, new features, specifications: Pixel X and…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This is the future of TV, VR and holograms

iOS 10 troubleshooting tips: Simple fixes for the most common iOS 10 problems, from network…