Problem: Screen interference and noise from speake

vinnielo 14:24 09 Jun 04

I've only noticed this recently, but it seems whenever there is heavy graphics processing, squeaking comes out of my speakers, and I get horizontal interference across my LCD screen, which last a split second. You can notice any text on the screen shaking, though.

I thought it was my monitor, but you can still hear the squeaking through the speakers when you turn off the monitor. It's now getting to the stage where this screen interference is getting annoying.

I've tried upgrading/reinstalling my graphics card drivers (NVideo GeForce), but there's no improvement.

Is this most likely to be a software or hardware problem?
What kind of testing can I do?

Stuartli 16:49 09 Jun 04

If you are talking about separate speakers it would appear that they are not properly shielded and their magnetic field is affecting your monitor.

Try moving them further away, switching off your monitor for about 15 minutes and then switch it on again.

Many people experience problems with an ordinary television if they are using a vacuum cleaner and switch it on or off or use it too close to the set. Most obvious result is colour being affected.

vinnielo 17:02 09 Jun 04

I've tried unplugging the speakers from the PC, but I'm still getting this interference.

It is really noticeable when I scroll through the contents of emails in Outlook Express.

Somebody suggested it was EM interference coming from the graphics card. If this is true, is there a possible hardware fault, because I've not had this problem before.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Amazon Fire HD 8 review: A brilliant combination of function and value – with one massive caveat

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How to create an introvert-friendly workplace

Apple Watch 2 review | Apple Watch Series 2 review: New Apple Watch is faster, brighter, water-resit…