Problem scanning photos

Jayeff 16:25 07 May 06

For several years I have been using Data Becker's Instant Photo Scanner for scanning multiple photos at the same time. Until recently this has worked perfectly, but now refuses to open, giving me two messages -"the data source could not be opened. It may be in use by another application", and "NTVDM.EXE has encountered a problem and needs to close". Any ideas?

terryf 16:30 07 May 06

Have you tried re-installing the program?

Totally-braindead 16:33 07 May 06

Agree with terryf deleting and reinstalling would be the easiest thing to try first.

Jayeff 17:17 07 May 06

Sorry, terryf and Totally-braindead, I should have mentioned that re-installing the programme was the first thing I tried, but it made no difference. I also tried contacting Data Becker by e-mail but it bounced back.

Stuartli 18:41 07 May 06

Data Becker doesn't provide an e-mail address on its website, so the one you used may be out of date:

click here

ICF 19:00 07 May 06

Un-install it then do a reg scan with click here
and then re-install it.You never know it might work.

Jayeff 22:13 07 May 06

ICF; Tried your suggestion with no success. Worth a try though

DieSse 00:09 08 May 06

NTVDM.EXE is a Windows system file for the DOS facility ( NT Vittual Dos Machine) - so it doesn't belong to the scanner software, and is thus unlikely to be affected by th uninstall/reinstall you tried.

It should be in C:/windows/system32 folder - in my (fully up to date) WinXP the file is shown as 410KB and dated 04/08/2004

It may be corrupted by a virus according to several links - so first off do a virus check on it using an up to date AV program.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Best Christmas Agency Projects of 2016

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…