Problem with scanner driver for xp

fstr 10:11 15 May 03

i have a black widow 1248 home scanner I installed it perfectly with a download driver from devcom which I then saved to floppy. For some reason I lost direct scan and decided to reinstall. The driver reports that it has installed correctly but no driver in device manager and no programme. I found another driver at driver.com with the instruction to install 2000 driver first tried this but after finding and installing various files the installation asks for got the message "the class installer has denied request". Devcom now gone can get a driver for £16 from another site but not sure if even this will work. any ideas why it wont install will be much appreciated.

woodchip 10:23 15 May 03

Is it a USB

mole44 10:46 15 May 03

i to have a black widow scanner,i think you will find it is a rebadged mustec scanner,go to the mustec site then try the first two letter of your scanner serial number in the different types of there scanners.presto you`ll have your drivers.my scanner a 9636pp comes out as a scan express 1200p

fstr 10:58 15 May 03

woodchip yes it is usb

woodchip 15:06 15 May 03

Remove the scanner from Add/Remove then go into Explorer find files and look for black widow, remove any folders and files left behind. Then go to device manager and remove all usb that you can see, reload black widow Software and remove the usb scanner plug, leave the CD in the computer and reboot your computer, Let it find all the USB that as been removed, Then plug your scanner back in, it may ask for driver if it does browse to the CD Driver file on the CD it should then work. You will then Have to reboot

fstr 16:49 15 May 03

mole found driver almost worked but had dll file missing did say to try changing regedit product name to windows 2000 so might try that thanks anyway.

fstr 17:12 15 May 03

woodchip tried that the class installer still denies thanks anyway

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

These are the Best Christmas Ads and Studio Projects of 2016

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…