Problem with Scanjet 3500C

mjd 20:43 30 Dec 03

I have a HP Scanjet 3500c which worked perfectly until I installed a Logitech Webcam. The webcam works fine but now when I try to use the scanner I get a message saying that its unable to communicate with the HP scanning software. I have uninstalled the webcam and the scanner; reinstalled the scanner but the problem persists.
I have checked that the scanner appers in Device Manager and in Control Pannel. The scanner will work for copying a document but won't scan a picture or document. I am using Windows 98.

Anyone got any ideas?

mjd

Demora 23:32 30 Dec 03

First off. Are they both USB devices?

I seem to recollect having a problem with a logitech Webcam and various HP printers in the past. One line from the Webcam installation instructions I can remember was to remove all other usb devices from there sockets before installing the webcam. This also happened when my old Mustek scanner was connected and we installed the W/cam . took a while to figure out but we did eventually get it all up and running.

Sorry I can't be more precise. BUT maybe my reply will fire someone else into helping.

Demora

mjd 20:00 31 Dec 03

Demora,
Both scanner and webcam are USB devices. However, I've disconnected all USB devices except scanner but the problem persists. Thanks anyaway.

By the way, the scanner works fine when connected to a friend's computer.

mjd

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…