Problem. Saving project in Movie Maker.

ribo 11:23 11 Jun 06

I hope someone will be able to help.
I have been trying for 2 days now to save a project in M.M.I get the following message -
"Windows M.M. cannot save movie to speciied lacation. Verify source files still available (they are still in my pictures folder on C drive)
and verify enough free disk space."( I want to save them to my 2nd HDD. which is F.There is plenty of free space.I have tried various locations with the same result and I have tried saving in different formats AVI/WMM. etc.
Can anyone tell me where I am going wrong. I have done this many times before without a problem. Thanks J

ribo 11:24 16 Jun 06

As no one seems able to help,I will click this as resolved even though it is not. Thanks anyway. J

stlucia 11:35 16 Jun 06

I haven't used Movie Maker, but I have had a similar problem with some other software (can't remember what it was, but it doesn't matter): Even though I was trying to save the finished work on a large, empty, drive the software needed for some reason to create temporary file(s), and it did that by default on either the C:\ drive or the drive which the source data was on.

So, is there plenty of free space on your C:\ drive? Have you tried moving your source files to your F:\ drive, and working with them from there? Or is there an option in MM to specify which drive to use for temporary files?

GroupFC 11:38 16 Jun 06

I know you have ticked this as resolved (although it isn't!) - but I hadn't seen this until just now!

I don't know the answer to your problem but have you had a trawl through these sites to see if there is any help there?
click here and click here

woodchip 11:39 16 Jun 06

Is the other Drive NTFS as the limit is 4Gb on a Fat32 for file size then it splits the file when being created

ribo 16:01 16 Jun 06

Thank you all for your help and useful suggestion.
GroupFC you have helped me before. Thanks.J

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Intel Coffee Lake 8th-gen Core processors release date rumours

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Framestore’s haunting post-WWII title sequence for new BBC series SS-GB

Best iPhone games 2017 | Best iPad games 2017: 162 fantastic iOS games that you need to play right…