Problem Running Online Games

PinguJohn 19:12 03 May 05

I enjoy playing games on the internet, however, I am having problems running the games on the site

I am running Windows XP Home Edition SP1 and have three user accounts all with exactly the same setup (administrator rights).

The problem is that two of my accounts can play the games with no problems, however, with one of my accounts the games will not play.

The site requires the Macromedia Flash player plug-in and all cookies enabled on my browser. I use AOL.

The problem is I comply with these requirements but I cannot play the games with the one account.

I have played the games before with the problem account, it's only in the last week that I have not been able to play the games. As far as I know, nothing has changed.

I have tried a system restore to no effect and have emailed with no response as yet, just wondered if there is anything else I could do?

Any help appreciated.

mattyc_92 20:47 03 May 05

Try click onto "Tools->Internet Options" from IE

Then select the "advanced" tab and click onto the "Restore Defaults" button at the bottom of the window and click onto OK....

You may need to log out of windows for it to take full effect, but this should solve this...

PinguJohn 11:05 06 May 05

Thanks for your reply mattyc_92

Tried what you suggested but sorry to say it made no difference.

Any more suggestions?

mattyc_92 14:35 06 May 05

Have you got a "Parental Program" installed (e.g NIS2005)??

PinguJohn 18:24 06 May 05

Have NIS2003 installed but did not install it with parental controls as all three users are adults.

mattyc_92 18:37 06 May 05

Ok, so it shouldn't be that...

Have you tried re-installing Flash and Shockwave?

PinguJohn 19:10 06 May 05

No I haven't, but if that was the problem, then surely the games wouldn't work when logged on via either of the other two users, but they do.

Confusing, isn't it?

mattyc_92 19:14 06 May 05

Yes, it is confusing....

In my experience, sometimes Flash and Shockwave just "decide" not to work for some of the users of my system, but if I uninstall and reboot... Then re-install them, they work perfectly again...

Maybe some files that it requires are easily made currupt?

PinguJohn 11:46 11 May 05

Hi mattyc_92

Sorry took so long to reply but been away for a few days.

Did what you suggested, uninstalled Flash and Shockwave, rebooted, then re-installed them.

Unfortunately it made no difference.

Any other suggestions?

mattyc_92 11:53 11 May 05

Afraid not at the moment....

If I think of something, I will post it here....

Sorry I can't be much help...

PinguJohn 12:01 11 May 05

Thought I might try deleting the problem user, reboot, and creating the user again and see if that works.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to watch Surface PC live stream | Surface PC release date, price, spec rumours: All-in-one…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Best Photoshop video tutorials: 8 video tutorial websites for Photoshop

Apple's event invitations decoded: A look back at 16 of Apple's most cryptic invites | Clues in…