Problem with Router or Computer

GuZ><0r 19:28 22 Apr 06

I have a wireless router with Tiscali 1mb broadband. Connected to the router are two PC's which are both wired to it. The prolbem is that my computer cannot connect to the interent or MSN, But my dad's does.

My computer however does work when I use a normal Adsl modem.

I have restarted the router several times to see if that was the probelm, but did not solve anything.

Does anybody know how to solve this??

Thanks in advance

woodchip 19:39 22 Apr 06

Have you been into Setup Page using IE, type the address into the bar at the top. Mine is 192.168.1.1 Mine is a 3Com Router Modem

GuZ><0r 19:41 22 Apr 06

I have been into the setup page and all the settings are the same with the router, which is an Addon GWAR3000

woodchip 19:51 22 Apr 06

So what you are saying is your computer is Wireless!

Have you been trying to setup security options i.e encryption. If so turn it off and get your comp to connect before setting up the above

GuZ><0r 19:55 22 Apr 06

My computer is wired to the router!!

woodchip 20:00 22 Apr 06

Then if you loaded your user name and password into the router it should connect. Also after setup Page you should turn the router power of, then restart it

GuZ><0r 20:16 22 Apr 06

The router connects to the internet fine, and my dad's computer can access the internet but I can't. His is also wired to the router.

bremner 20:20 22 Apr 06

Are your TCP/IP connection settings exactly the same as your fathers?

Is it set to assign an IP address automatically for instance?

GuZ><0r 20:22 22 Apr 06

The router automatically assigns an IP. But I'm not completely sure that it is.

bremner 20:25 22 Apr 06

Yes but is the TCP/IP setting on your computer set to automatically obtain an IP address.

GuZ><0r 20:43 22 Apr 06

The LAN settings are set to auto.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…