Problem with result of right clicking on files

Allan RISC OS user 12:24 19 Apr 06

I am having a problem with Windows Explorer, If I try to delete a file using the "RED CROSS" almost every time I
get an error message headed "Windows Explorer has encountered and error and needs to close" if I then click on either send or not send
I will get another error "DrWatson Postmortem Debugger has encountered
a problem and needs to close" the screen then freezes, or if I can move any of the items displayed they leave a trail and will fill up the screen, but I can do no other work. To over come this I have to press Ctrl-Alt-Del and then click on Processes tab and select Drwtsn32.exec and end the process, this will give me back control with out the loss of data. I have also tried to carry out the above and found the only way out was to restart the computer. The problem also arises when a file is right clicked|
I appears to me that the problem is with either Windows Explorer or Dr Watson or both, can you please advise how I can repair these without having to re install Windows XP home, and all the programmes I have installed as it would be a very lengthly operation not to mention the associated down loading of patches and security updates since service pack 2

Can any one help me Please!

johnnyrocker 12:28 19 Apr 06

if you have the xp disk, go to start/run and type in sfc /scannoww and insert disk when asked, this will replace any corrupt files and may solve your prob.

johnnyrocker 12:32 19 Apr 06

one w oops.

VoG II 12:39 19 Apr 06

click here (possibly).

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch (Nintendo NX) release date, price, specs and preview trailer: Codename NX console…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

8 things designers (and brands) need to know about the modern woman

How to speed up a slow Mac: 19 great tips to make an iMac, MacBook or Mac mini run faster | Speed…