problem restoring norton ghost image - password

OzzYMad 18:22 16 Sep 07

Hi dudes I got a problem I have 3 cd's to recover my acer laptop system unfortunately I dont have the system bootable cd so I made myself a ms-dos boot cd with norton ghost 2003, when I tried to open the imagem on first disk it asked me a passoword, the image is protected by password now I dont know what to do I need to restore the imagem and no support from acer...

iambeavis 18:39 16 Sep 07

The default password for the "Acer 3000" series is six zeroes - 000000 (page 60 of the manual).

OzzYMad 23:34 16 Sep 07

yeah dude thats the password to access the erecovery but not the password to open separately the images... I tried and did not workes =/ dont know how proceed now and acer support sux...

Taff™ 06:29 17 Sep 07

When the Acer goes through the boot sequence there might be the option to pres ALT + F10 (Look at the bottom of the screen as soon as the first flash screen appears) - this gets you into system recovery to restore to factory defaults. Your data will be lost however.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Method Studios' title sequence for BBC series Taboo is truly unsettling

Best Pages for iOS tips | How to use Pages for iPad & iPhone: 6 simple tips to get more out of…