Problem with restarting - WinXP

Jason Hobson 18:52 21 Jun 03

Ive just installed windows XP and there seems to be a problem with restarting.

Whenever a new installed program asks me to reboot or even when I click restart the computer shuts down the software and then seems to power down into standby mode, and doesnt return for the reboot. The monitor light turns yellow as if the its asleep, and the power LED and CDdrive lights are still on.

I have tried pressing wake up on the keyboard and tried pressing the reset button on the front of my case, but none of this works.
I have to hold power for 4 seconds to completely turn it off, and then start it up again.

This only started to happen when I installed Win XP, the first time being when windows was installing. I never had this happen with windows 98.

Can anyone give some advice as to how I could stop this please, it is an annoying problem as I install alot of new games/programs and am often asked to reboot.

Thanks in advance.

jazzypop 19:12 21 Jun 03

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Best Christmas Agency Projects of 2016

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…