problem with response from mouse

kissag 19:09 21 Jan 06

Had a computer rebuilt for me, when received it worked OK, then next time I turned it on it booyed OK I could get no response from the mouse, if I right click on the desktop, the white window came up then vanished, when trying to open a programme left click on start, programmes, the programme window shows then vanishes again so unable to use computer, this happens each time I click.

I was told it was a problem with an earth on the mother board but checked all OK, then told it could be a short from the mother board so I inserted fibre washers on the board mounting sections to raise the board, it worked OK each time until I turned it off, on restart the same thing happens, this goes on and on, some times it works some times no, I have tried three diferent mice so far and no good, any help would be appreciated.

Mobo is an Asus P5P800

Peter

jakimo 19:27 21 Jan 06

Is the keyboard & mouse a wireless version?

kissag 21:15 21 Jan 06

No, they are ordinary versions, the fault is intermittant, sometimes it will happen once logged on, some times not. I don't think it is the mouse as I have tried two more which I know work, maybe it could be a problem with the motherboard or the printed circuit near to the mouse and keyboard conections.

jakimo 23:38 21 Jan 06

Give this a try:-

click here

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro (2017) vs Surface Pro 4

20 groundbreaking 3D animation techniques

How to mine Bitcoin on Mac