Problem resolved

golfpro 17:36 21 Aug 06

A couple of weeks ago,
I posted a query with my new PC regarding problems with excessive interference coming from the speakers when listening to music and downloading other programs at the same time.
Well everything has now been resolved, since doing a recovery update with the recovery disc. I did not loose any programs and the problems have been rectified ( An unstable program from the pre installed XP home disc was the fault), It saved me a trip back to the shop and a wait of possibly three weeks to get my computer back.
I would just like to thank all the forum members who replied to my post, and say that all is well.
I hope this helps others who may have the same problem in the future.
Thank you.

johndrew 19:42 21 Aug 06

Much easier than a row with the supplier.

Pity they didn`t do that in the first place. I presume they installed XP before you got the PC? They must have tested it somehow.

golfpro 06:41 22 Aug 06

The instability problem only came to light when there was music playing, so I suppose when the company pre-installed XP they thought everything was OK. But this is what you must expect when buying from large retailers. not only is the sound problem resolved, but the computer is running five times as fast as it ever did.
When I got in touch with the service hot line, the first thing the guy on the other end of the phone said was "Do an update with the XP recovery disc", so I suppose this must have been quite a frequent problem.

spuds 12:03 22 Aug 06

golfpro-- It may help if you can provide a link to your previous post, otherwise people may get confused as to what the original problem was about. Also posting your thanks in the original posting would have perhaps been sufficient, then opening a new posting ;o)

johndrew 12:15 22 Aug 06

Having been `spoken with` myself I should have picked up on it click here

Gordal 12:29 22 Aug 06

A green tick now seems appropriate !

golfpro 14:24 22 Aug 06

Sorry done.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

LG G6 review: Hands-on with LG’s bold, big-screen shot at perfection

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How the 2017 Oscar-winning VFX of The Jungle Book were created

The 22 best Safari extensions | Best Safari plugins: Improve Apple's Safari web browser with these…