problem with resizer

highside 16:57 06 Sep 07

Anyone help please, Followed a link from this site and downloaded Microsoft Image Resizer. Seems to have dowloaded OK but although I now have a "Resize" option when I right click an image and the resize menu box appears I do not get a copy of the resized image in the folder when i click OK for a new size?
What am I doing wrong?
Thanks.

rawprawn 17:05 06 Sep 07

Does it store the resized images under it's own name? resize one and make a note of what it is exactly, then do a search. I don't use it but usually these programs ask where you want to save it.

Eric10 17:07 06 Sep 07

click here for a tutorial.

mfletch 17:11 06 Sep 07

Hi The resized photo will be in the same folder where the original was resized!

mfletch

highside 17:22 06 Sep 07

Thanks for replies but still cant see copies in my pictures folder, tried doing a search but only the original appears

mfletch 17:31 06 Sep 07

Hi Try,

Create a new folder and put one picture in it and then open the folder and try resizing that picture take note of the size of the picture before and after resizing,

mfletch

skidzy 17:38 06 Sep 07

Sounds like you are resizing the original photo.

As mfletch says,take note of the size of the original.

highside 15:37 07 Sep 07

Hi again,Sorry to be a pain but I still have the problem, I click OK to resize but only the original is there and it is at it's original size. Tried uninstall/ reinstall no effect also tried the repair facility in Add Remove programs. Am I right to think that a new duplicate but smaller (say) image of the picture should appear alongside the original? Also the resized should have a new slightly different name automatically added by the program according to the size selected. I am trying this in My Pictures folder and have tried all your suggestions.

skidzy 16:47 07 Sep 07

Try Irfanview,easy to use click here

mfletch 17:35 07 Sep 07

Hi,Have a look in Advanced

Advanced features
Image Resizer includes some additional advanced features. Click the Advanced tab to show the following options:

• Custom lets you manually set the size you want for your photos.

• Make pictures smaller but not larger constrains resizing to only sizes smaller than the original photo.

• Resize the original pictures (don't create copies) permanently applies resizing to your original photo

Are any of these ticked?

mfletch

highside 17:18 08 Sep 07

Thanks for replies, in case it helps anyone else I eventually found the answer at Microsoft discussion groups by just typing "image resizer into their search box. Basically someone gave instructions to type a couple of lines into my run menu and all was well. To do with regsvr32

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Method Studios' title sequence for BBC series Taboo is truly unsettling

Best Pages for iOS tips | How to use Pages for iPad & iPhone: 6 simple tips to get more out of…