Problem removing programs

Dazwm 20:50 19 Jul 03

I am trying to remove some programs from my computer which take up alot of room and I don't use anymore, but when I go into add/remove programs it won't let me, the remove button isn't there to remove them. Why is this and is there any software which will remove them? I am running XP.

recap 21:08 19 Jul 03

Check any persmission that have been set in your security options. Generally when an option is greyed out a permission has been set to stop users from using certain options.

Dazwm 21:10 19 Jul 03

How do I do that?

the lone cloner 22:28 19 Jul 03

dont know if this will help ,one of the recent xp site downloads,was a button fixed to the start menu which does the very thing you require.

Dazwm 10:50 20 Jul 03

Where can I get this?

the lone cloner 20:39 20 Jul 03

from what i remember it was on windows update within the last 3 weeks. it puts the button on your startup menu, hope this is of help.

Jester2K II 20:43 20 Jul 03

That patch only helps you set the Program Access And Defaults for a few applications like Web Browsers and Media Applications.

You need to log in under an Administrator account first. If you are using a User Account you may not be able to remove the programs.

woodchip 20:46 20 Jul 03

Where XXXXX is put the program name that's in Add/Remove To remove follow these step's closely, go to start\find\files or folders type in the box XXXXX click enter key delete all the entry's it finds with XXXXX in it. Next go to start run type regedit and press enter, go to menu under edit click find in the box type XXXXX and press enter it will bring up only one entry at a time, press delete key then click ok to confirm to go to next entry press F3 and delete do this until you get to the end of the registry. DO NOT TOUCH ANYTHING ELSE IN THE REGISTRY other than XXXXX then reboot your computer

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro 5 News - release date, UK price, features, specs

Microsoft Surface Studio hands-on review: the iMac killer is here

Best Mac antivirus 2017