problem reloading BT Voyager modem drivers

BILL WHITE 06:38 10 Aug 05

I tried to help out(!) a friend who was having problems with AOL broadband connectivity on his Dell PC under ME.

I successfully uninstalled the BT Voyager 105 modem drivers and then used the AOL Broadband CD to attempt to reinstall.

It was obvious, watching the process that the drivers were not installed altho there was no error msg, but there was a request to reboot the computer to 'complete the installation'. I did this and received several error msgs as the system tried to update the system configuration files.

Now, ther is no evidence of the drivers in explorer or the program files and the system asks for the reboot 'to complete the installation' each time I reboot.

It seems that part of the system regards the drivers as installed but I cant delete them and start again.

Any ideas wd be welcome as I feel guilty about this!

Many thanks

Bill White

Graham ® 08:51 10 Aug 05

Do not plug the modem into USB until requested.

Diemmess 09:07 10 Aug 05

Read this lot!
click here

My own view would be to search for and delete any folder with voyager, before starting all over again!

ACOLYTE 11:50 10 Aug 05

The best thing may be to download the mobem driver from click here
there is also a guide to download about installation,then use the AOL cd just to install the ISP,this way you will know the modem is working beforehand.

woodchip 12:10 10 Aug 05

Go to Restore, and do a System Restore to before you changed things

Cesar 12:18 10 Aug 05

I had the same trouble until I contacted, If you give me permission to e-mail you i will forward their e-mail.

BILL WHITE 12:26 10 Aug 05

Thanks for the help, some of the ideas I've tried, with no success.

Cesar, if u cd email me a suggestion I'd be grateful, many thanks

Bill White

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

New Google phones UK release date | Pixel XL price, new features, specifications: Pixel X and…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This is the future of TV, VR and holograms

iPhone 7 review: Enhanced cameras, a refreshed design and water resistance make the iPhone 7 an…