Problem registering Ad-Aware 2007

bluto1 19:43 08 Jun 07

I downloaded to desktop yesterday and didn`t have time to run it.
Clearing rubbish out of my PC last night I also cleared Ad-Aware SE. This AM I ran the new version and discovered that I needed the e-mail address, password and original licence key to activate it. I haven`t got them so I thought I`d apply for a new licence key. Trouble is, when I need anything from Lavasoft I find I need the old e-mail address at least.
Has anyone any idea how I can register ? I`m not thinking clearly enough to trust myself.
Thank you.

VoG II 20:01 08 Jun 07

Which version have you installed?

bluto1 20:06 08 Jun 07

`Evening VoG, The free one

VoG II 20:17 08 Jun 07

Hmm. Well I installed the free one yesterday and I didn't need to activate it at all - it just ran!

ICF 20:21 08 Jun 07

No registration required here also

bluto1 20:22 08 Jun 07

I`ll uninstall and re-install, that might do it,
thanks for help

Probabilitydrive 20:32 08 Jun 07

Its advisable-after the uninstall-to search for lavasoft/ad-aware folders (Start>search) and delete remnant folders.

If you have a reg cleaner (reg mechanic, CCleaner) use them to mob up redundant registry entries.

Your system should then be prepared for a fresh install of Ad-Aware 2007.

(If you use NIS 2006 you might be unable to use the web-update feature...but that's probably a bridge you fall of once you get there...;-)

bluto1 20:46 08 Jun 07

All is well now, the error was totally human. I shouldn`t have clicked on the `renew` tab to renew my licence. Thanks for your input Probability drive, now resolved.

bluto1 20:48 08 Jun 07

Sorry, I`ve just seen your post and it says exactly what I found out the hard way. Thanks.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Qualcomm Snapdragon 835 benchmarks: Antutu, Geekbench 4, GFXBench and PCMark results

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This stop-frame animation tells a moving story of domestic violence for Refuge

New iPad 2017 preview: Apple's affordable but underspecced new iPad may appeal to the education…