Problem receiving Google Mail

Penelope Pitstop 12:25 09 Nov 08

I have not received an email into my Google mail in box since about 1pm yesterday (8th November). I sent myself a test email about 9pm last night an have again this morning and they came in all right. I am not aware of changing anything. Can anyone help please. Thank you.

bremner 13:18 09 Nov 08

Why do you think there is a problem?

You have sent a message to the account and received it. All seems OK.

Penelope Pitstop 13:26 09 Nov 08

Hi Bremner, normally, I would have received at least tens of emails and maybe more in my spam. I have shown I can receive one from me but would there be a reason why I cannot from anyone else at all? It's just very unusual. Thanks for making a start anyway.

Sea Urchin 13:46 09 Nov 08

Ask a couple of your friends to send you mail - if that's OK I think you've nothing to worry about. And it's unusual to hear someone worried about NOT receiving spam :-)

Penelope Pitstop 16:38 09 Nov 08

Two people have now sent a test email to my google mail address and to my hotmail adress timed 14.50 and 15.34. I can see the ones in my hotmail box OK but not in my googlemail. I have just sent myself an email from googlemail to googlemail and it works but not from hotmail to googlemail.

Now, I have been to my settings in googlemail > accounts and "get mail from other accounts", which says last checked 24 hours ago. I have clicked "check mail now" and all my e-mails have come in. Hooray! But I am still wondering why this happened in the first place and whether it will again.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro 5 News - release date, UK price, features, specs

Animator Emanuele Kabu’s psychedelic video is a stunning tribute to Lisbon city

Best Mac antivirus 2017