Problem receiving e-mails

12inches 13:23 24 Mar 05

Following crash have had to reset my 2 e-mail accounts from scratch.(neither is Hotmail) Result is that one will both send&receive mail, the second will only send. Looking at the settings I dont understand why this is or is not happening. Any ideas to get it to receive mail as well please?
Sods law dictates that the non-functioning receiver address is the one I am registered with PcAdvisor.
Hope this does not affect any kind person posting a possible remedy. Dont know if its relevant: I now have Microsoft Outlook: before, I used Outlook Express.
many thanks. Derek

Ironman556 13:50 24 Mar 05

Have you checked your smtp and pop addresses are right?

Are both email addresses with the same provider?

Do you need to log onto a secure server to recieve from the other email account?

12inches 14:33 24 Mar 05

Thanks Ironman556. Both accounts are with the same ISP and the smpt & pop3 addresses are the same on both accounts with no typing error. When i go online and send/receive, one account both sends&receives, the second one only will send mail.
Cheers. D.

vienna1981 16:00 24 Mar 05

if the account is with NTL they sometimes have problems with email accounts, which only seem to affect some accounts and not others, but dont know if its the same with other ISPs

Ironman556 01:42 25 Mar 05

to incude the accounts in default send/recieve? I remember seeing something similar in outlook but that may have been just to include the account, not sending/recieving individually.

You could try another email program click here for thunderbird I know a few people who use it.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

These are the Best Christmas Ads and Studio Projects of 2016

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…