Problem rebooting with Akasa AllInOne

MS35 18:17 02 Feb 07

I've "installed" (power, temerature and fan readings work fine) a front panel multi card reader Akasa AlInOne.

Part of the installation is a four pin plug for the card reader marked "Vcc,D-,D+,GND" which attaches to four of the pins on the USB on the motherboard. If I connect this to the right pins when the PC is running Windows it finds the memory card slots as drive letters and works fine.

The problem is when I reboot, the PC hangs after the system screens and before Windows (2000 Prof) kicks in.

As soon as I pull the 4 pin plug off the USB header, Windows starts immediately.

Has anyone else come across this or could there be something in my system settings which won't allow me to finish executing set up with this connected.

I've disconnected all other external hardware, USB phone, scanner etc.

Hope someone can help but if you need to know anything else first please let me know.

Thanks

have you looked in your bios to see if usb is enabled?

MS35 21:59 02 Feb 07

I've looked in the bios settings and can't see anything that relates directly to USB.

I've disabled "boot on other device" that came after Boot on Floppy, HDD and CD but that has made no difference.

But as the USB pins are live in Windows does that mean it must be being enabled in setup anyway?

woodchip 22:04 02 Feb 07

In the BIOS you may have something like have for USB that you can disable, this worked for me. Cannot remember what they called it Keyboard and drives should be set to enabled. I think it was called USB Legacy Device that you disable

MS35 19:56 17 Feb 07

The only reference I have found is "Assign IRQ for USB" which is currently enabled . Could this be the conflict?

Thanks (been away, but would still appreciate some help)

woodchip 21:10 17 Feb 07

Try starting with the Shift key held down. It may work. but it looks like you need some more drivers. Is the chip on the front Bay a Via? If so get the number of the chip

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

The updated 'Corel Painter inside Photoshop' plugin ParticleShop offers new brushes

New MacBook Pro 2017 release date, UK price and tech specs: Kaby Lake MacBook Pro to launch in…