Problem reading SmartMedia card

henstep 11:18 29 Apr 03

I have a problem reading a SmartMedia card (64MB) that holds photograph files. The pictures were taken on an Olympus digital camera but the camera now displays 'no picture' when I try to view them and the card reader (a HP photosmart printer)reports 'Card Access Error'. A week ago I could view the pictures on the camera but, having filled the card and started using a second card, there now appears to be a problem reading the data. If I try to take more photographs with thcard in the camera I get a 'card full' message which is what I expect - and indicates that the data is still on the card - but cannot be read.

I have had this card for a couple of years with no previous problems - and others cards that I have still work in both the camera and the card reader.

Does anybody know of any software/hardware that might be able to recover the data from the card?

Newuser4165 11:29 29 Apr 03

You may have some luck here:click here

woodchip 11:35 29 Apr 03

I have a Small program that may be able to read the card. If you want I can send it, Post me by little envelope by Nickname the size is 579Kb

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to watch Windows Event live stream, live blog | Microsoft event live stream: Watch Microsoft…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This amazing app turns your iPad Pro into a Cintiq

iPhone 7 Plus review: A superb big-screen phablet, but the price tag's enormous | iPhone 7 Plus…