Problem with Quicktime (qttask.exe) again

Roadgiant 07:37 01 Nov 03

I posted a query a couple of weeks ago :-

"In the last couple of days on booting up my PC I get the above message ("47c: qttask.exe - No Disk") popping up in a warning box with the message:- "There is no disk in the drive. Please insert a disc into drive\Device\Hardisk1\DR2."

VoG kindly advised me to go into msconfig and untick the qttask box in the startup tab,which appeared to rectify the problem.

Unfortunately it hasn't completly resolved it, if I view a Quicktime file on the net etc, the next time I boot up the pc the message reapears again.
I then go into msconfig again to find that qttask is still unticked. I can temporariy rectify this problem by reticking the qttask box restart the pc, go into msconfig again uncheck the qttask box again amd restart.

I wonder if anyone can suggest a permanent solution to enable me to still be able to view quicktime files, but not have to mess about the next time I reboot.By the way I am running XP home.
Thanks in advance
RG

imarcus2 08:16 01 Nov 03

At a guess, you might have a residual registry entry that is not properly sequenced to its normal operation.

It might be as simple as uninstalling QuickTime, and re-installing.

Or, you could put one of the proprietary registry cleaners into bat. I use Ashampoo's WinOptimizer suite.

VoG II 08:20 01 Nov 03

You could try removing Quicktime via Control Panel/Add & Remove programs. Then download the latest version click here

Roadgiant 15:57 01 Nov 03

Thanks once again for the quick (no pun intended!)response, removed Quicktime, reinstalled it, same problem, repeated again and it seems to have worked and have cleared the problem.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

New Google phones UK release date | Pixel XL price, new features, specifications: Pixel X and…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

iOS 10 troubleshooting tips: Simple fixes for the most common iOS 10 problems, from network…