Problem with Quicken

ChasNoel 15:03 29 Oct 09

I have Quicken on my lap top and regularly back up to a disk. Now I get a message saying cannot write to Drive D. The laptop is a Dell Inspiron 6000. I havw tried to run a another disk in the same drive with a similar result. Any ideas anyone? I also opened My Computer and there is no sign of a Drive D only C. Help!

woodchip 15:25 29 Oct 09

Drive D:\ will be a Partition on the Main Drive this would show if its okay as C:\ and D:\

Sea Urchin 15:25 29 Oct 09

Try the Auto Fix first - it might sort it for you. Otherwise there is a registry fix, but always backup your registry before fiddling :@)

click here

ChasNoel 18:28 30 Oct 09

Thanks sea-urchin! where is autofix and how do I back anything up if I have no access to the disc drive?

Sea Urchin 23:50 30 Oct 09

The auto-fix is the first part of my link above - and back up the registry to C.

ChasNoel 21:23 31 Oct 09

Many thanks guys. I am off to spend the weekend working at this. If I get stuck I'll be back biting your ears

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…