Problem putting vinyl onto CD

JC1303 20:06 20 Oct 03

I have recently put a few of my old LP's onto CD and have been trying to do some more tonight however I have encountered a strange problem. On one of the songs I have been trying to record, all sounds ok if I connect the headphones to the stereo but the sound coming through the PC is different. For some reason the lead guitar is missing! Its nothing to do with the program I use to record because it happens even without the program open. I cant think of any reason why only the lead guitar should disappear.
Any ideas anyone?

hugh-265156 20:13 20 Oct 03

is your pc connected to you hi-fi? if so the sound output should be the same through the hi-fi speakers as through the phones.

if its not connected to the hi-fi and you have seperate speakers on the pc then check your sound settings in control panel/sounds and audio devices.

check your speaker wiring is phased correctly + - etc as this can cause lack of bass and steering and so on.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Amazon Fire HD 8 review: A brilliant combination of function and value – with one massive caveat

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How to create an introvert-friendly workplace

Apple Watch 2 review | Apple Watch Series 2 review: New Apple Watch is faster, brighter, water-resit…