problem with publisher

milbs 11:12 10 Mar 06

ive made a newsletter i would like to send me to members using publisher. does anyone know how i can send it to them without using it as an attachment? it wont work directly through publisher since u have to pay for outlook.

thanks in advance,
Fraser

mco 13:06 10 Mar 06

I don't understand. Are you saying you can't send your letter done in publisher as an attachment? Could you not download one of the free pdf converters and send it as an attachment as a pdf file? sorry if I've got the wrong end of the stick here.

milbs 13:37 10 Mar 06

no i don't want to send it as an attachment. i want it to just be in the email. u know like how u sign up for those newsletters and u get those things in ur email?

Forum Editor 17:35 10 Mar 06

you'll need to convert your publisher file to HTML and paste it into your email. Presumably the people receiving this newsletter have asked for it, and you'll need to send them all a message telling them that they'll be getting an html email so they can alter the settings in their email program - otherwise many of them won't see anyhing but the text.

milbs 09:55 11 Mar 06

do i just save it as HTML or what do i do?

Forum Editor 11:07 11 Mar 06

If you create a publisher file it will obviously be in Publisher format, and can only be viewed by someon who has MS Publisher on their computer.

You can save the file in various formats, but it will still have to be sent to email recipients as an attachment. If you want to send an HTML email you must first create an HTML file, and as far as I'm aware you cannot save a Publisher file as html - you have to save as what's called 'web page - filtered'.

In Outlook Express you can then add the file to am email:-

On the 'Insert' menu, click 'Text from File'. In the 'Files of type' box, select 'HTML Files', and then find the file you want to add.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Hands-on with the Star Wars fighting drones you can fly yourself

15 macOS Sierra tips | How to use macOS Sierra: Secret tricks and best new features in Apple's new…