Problem printing CD on Pixma ip4200

hastelloy 15:39 08 Jul 09
Answered

It takes the tray in, then pushes it out and then tells me that the tray or a CD is not present. I've tried unticking "recognise when a CD is present" but it makes no difference. Anyone any solutions please?

brambles 17:37 08 Jul 09

Marvin42 - I have a Canon Model-IP4500i purchased specifically because it printed CD's.
I had a lot of difficulties initially - finding the slot to put it in wasn't easy - also the CD doesn't go in completely until you start printing. So persevere Marvin make sure you put the CD holder in with the arrow pointing inwards.
Canon have a very good help desk too - I'm sure they will help you if you continue to experience problems. Oh and the results are very good when you get there! Brambles

hastelloy 18:58 08 Jul 09

I have an Epson R800 at home and have never had a problem but at work the ip4200 is driving me mad!!! The CD goes in OK but is obviously not recognised and comes straight out again. I have tried several CDs.

hastelloy 12:48 09 Jul 09
Answer

Just to prove you should always try the simple answer first - a re-install of the printer drivers did the trick.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Huawei P10 review

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

An overview: What leading creative agencies are doing to improve diversity

New iPad, iPhone SE & Red iPhone 7 on sale now