Problem Printer Sharing

D@z© 14:37 PM 18 Apr 12

I have a thermal printer in my office which I want to share on a network. It is installed fine on the local printer and I can print to it ok from that (so all connections, wires are ok). I have shared it etc on the network and I can see it when adding it on another PC. I try printing to it and it is sent to the printer and is in the queue but it just wont print, it says 'error - printing paused'. What could it be? Thanks.

northumbria61 16:15 PM 18 Apr 12

Open Start>Control Panel>Printers & Faxes and double click your printer. Find the print job that is paused, right click it and select restart. If it doesn't print within about 5 minutes, go back to Printers & Faxes and cancel (stop, delete, whatever it takes to make it go away :), turn off your printer and turn it on again, and then reopen whatever you wanted to print and do it again.

D@z© 16:17 PM 18 Apr 12

I have tried all those things you suggested already.

northumbria61 16:29 PM 18 Apr 12

Have you checked to see if your Printer is "Offline" ?

Woolwell 17:03 PM 18 Apr 12

Drivers installed on the other computer?

D@z© 07:34 AM 19 Apr 12

Yes the most up to date drivers are installed on both PCs and it is not 'offline'. Any more suggestions?

KRONOS the First 08:36 AM 19 Apr 12

Anything here? Printer problems.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to watch Rugby World Cup 2015 online: Watch live, catch up on-demand & stream the 2015 Rugby…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How to watch Adobe Max 2015: See Adobe unveil new Creative Cloud features for Photoshop,…

Live Photo tips: How to take Live Photos on the iPhone 6s, how to view, share, edit and find Live…