problem posting to a thread

palinka 21:31 29 Oct 05

Is it the "new look" that's causing my problem, 'cos i've been posting in this forum for years and never had this problem before - I responded to an existing thread, twice, but neither of my responses appeared. In My Postings the thread I'd posted to appeared, but still what I had sent didn't appear. Any solution, please? Only discovered the new look today - been away.

p;3 21:45 29 Oct 05

are you sure you actually posted in the thread you thought you posted in?

watchful 21:46 29 Oct 05

Is this the thread you mean? click here
Because you've posted three times. Perhaps you didn't realise it was on page four?

woodchip 21:57 29 Oct 05

Roughly where are you located as I am 14 miles North west Sheffield and Having Probs with Connection to London location with bad Ping

palinka 22:03 29 Oct 05

thanks, Watchful. That was one of them. My postings have appeared there now, but it's taken ages; it used to be instantaneous. ie click "post response" and within a few seconds there was the original thread with one's post to it at the end. it sems to be taking MUCH longer now. Thanks, Woodchip; I'm in Cumbria.

palinka 22:12 29 Oct 05

I see now that as Watchful says it's on p4; but my confusion was caused by the new layout - too wide, and as some people have already said, a bit too pale. Having to log in with user name AND password is a pain too; rather defeats the object of the link in the notifying email. Ah well, maybe in a week or two I'll have got used to it but I've made very slow progress this evening.

watchful 22:28 29 Oct 05

Have a read of this thread: click here

It tells you how to re-configure it starting by clicking on your username at top left.

Xzrox 22:44 29 Oct 05

click here to read how to AutoLogin.

VoG II 23:32 29 Oct 05

I now AutoLogin anyway. No need for fancy shortcuts.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

These are the Best Christmas Ads and Studio Projects of 2016

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…