Problem with pop ups

Graphicool1 19:00 PM 06 Jan 13
Answered

Win 7

Hi I'm using Ad Blocker, but when my cursor passes over random blue underlined words, on many web sites, I get the following pop-up...

'Win the new iphone 5 click here'

I'm fed up with this now. I have clicked on it to see where it took me and it appears to be genuin. But I'm getting fed up with it now, if it just popped up as I passed over the word then went, it wouldn't be so bad, annoying but I could live with it. But it doesn't, once it's popped up, it stays there until I click on the 'X'. It's run by this company...CLICK HERE

Graphicool1 19:05 PM 06 Jan 13

PS After I posted my above qestion I noted that the three words 'the new iphone' are in red and underlined. So I hovered my cursor over them and I now get...

Attention! Congratulations, you are todays iphone5 winner! Click 'Yes' button below to claim before time runs out.

rdave13 19:32 PM 06 Jan 13

Have a look here, How To Remove Text Enhance.

rdave13 19:35 PM 06 Jan 13

For some reason the link goes down to Chrome so please scroll up to the top.

Graphicool1 19:47 PM 06 Jan 13

Hi rdave13

Thanx for that, I'll get right on it. Cheers mate

Graphicool1 14:35 PM 07 Jan 13

rdave13 & Jock1e

Hi guys

The ad blocker I'm using is called...'AdBlockPlus'

However I'm just reporting back to give 'rdave13' an update. I tried the link you gave me, but the problem I was having wasn't the same as the problem that they were solving. Although I did run MBAM just in case, but as expected it didn't find anything and neither did SAS. I tracked down the culprit to a programme called 'VidSaver', that I'd recently installed in FireFox. I uninstalled the software and all is now ok. Cheers guys

rdave13 16:01 PM 07 Jan 13
Answer

Graphicool1, as Jock1e, good you're sorted. In the link I gave it shows a list and Vid-Saver extension as one of the possible culprit programs among many.

Advertisement

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get free stuff for Android: Amazon Underground offers genuinely free Android apps and free…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Swedish schoolkids use Minecraft to redesign Stockholm city centre

Apple's special event invitations decoded: A look back at 13 of Apple's most cryptic invites