Problem playing pkr online

Killo Bite 12:38 03 Apr 07

my uncle has a machine which has 256MB Memory, onboard Grpahics using 64MB from main system memory running XP its a Emachine.

He says the game when played online is slow and takes ages to load, change of the screen picture also dealing a hand is very bad. He has 7.5MB Broadband.

I don't play games myself this is a online Poker game at click here

I have looked around the website and found Nvidia & ATI Graphics card being listed and supported but does it mean onboard VGA is not supported or not recomended

What type of Nvidia AGP card would make this game play better online and how much system memory please.

recap 12:44 03 Apr 07

The onboard graphics card is too low in spec to play the game.

XP will run on this spec of machine allbeit slowly.

he also needs to double his ram according to
click here

if they are asking for 512 mb and he is using 256 mb and the on board graphics are using a slot of ram also, i guess ram is the problem, when i bought my machine it had 512mb and onboard graphics plated all games, but some of the newer ones a little slowly, i increased my ram to 1 gb and it played all games at med setting fine.
try running a scan at click here

Killo Bite 12:53 03 Apr 07

thanks for the call!

Rougly what AGP Card would help using a nvidia chip card FX5200 or FX5500 AGP card?

Killo Bite 12:57 03 Apr 07

with another 512MB PC3200, but he also says he wants a grpahics card.

i have gone from nvidia 6120 le (on board) to 7600gt and finally 8800 gts
and the difference for gaming, each one just a little better than the one before, the 7600gt ran all games at max settings, and i dont do video editing or photos etc, so really the onboard graphics would have done me ok.
do you know wether its a pci express slot or an agp?
if he really wants to upgrade i would strongly recomend the 7600 gs/ gt available for either from click here
adam

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Huawei P10 review

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

An overview: What leading creative agencies are doing to improve diversity

New iPad, iPhone SE & Red iPhone 7 on sale now