Problem with Photoshop

pody 13:59 18 May 06

Hi any photoshop buffs out there.
I am running Adobe Photoshop 7, and having trouble resizing the brushes,the brushses increase and decrease using the bracket keys but the cross hairs on the screen remain static and I have to guess where they are. Have I turned something off?.
Any help would be appreciate.

hssutton 17:46 18 May 06

It's a long time since I used PS7, but as far as I can remember the size of the crosshair does not change, no matter what size brush you use, assuming that is what you mean when you say "static".

I don't know of any method to alter the crooshair in PS CS2 either.

NewestRoyWidd 17:57 18 May 06

Just one thought,if the cross hairs stay,as opposed to a circle for brush sizes,have you got Caps lock on at the time?
You could also try edit>preferences>Display&Cursors,if you haven't done that already.

Pineman100 19:21 18 May 06

As NewestRoyWidd says, if you want to see a circle indicating the size of your brush, you need to switch this on.
Go to Edit>Preferences>Display & Cursors. In the left-hand window, you can click to choose whether you want to see brushes represented as Standard, Precise or Brush Size. Click Brush Size and then click OK.
To change the size of your brush while you're working, click your choice of brush, then in the tool settings bar at the top of the screen click the down arrow beside the figure that indicates the current brush size. This will open a window that allows you to select a brush preset (hard or feathered edge) or to select your brush size with a slider.

hssutton 19:59 18 May 06

If the crosshair is selected in preferences it will show as a plus sign + with the bush size indicated by a surrounding circle when the caps lock is off.

With the caps lock on the crosshair will display without the circle indicating brush size.

The size of the crosshair cannot be adjusted.

the best method is to select "Normal Brush Tip" along with "Show Crosshair in Brush Tip"

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

iPhone 7 review: a range of small updates add up to an excellent phone

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How New York’s Stylin’ Seniors became a golden social media campaign

23 Apple Watch tips & secret features: Master your Apple Watch, Apple Watch Series 1 or Apple…