Problem with PCA site (I think) and vibrant..help

bof:) 22:45 20 Jul 03

Hi All,

neighbour bought Pc today and he e is using winME version 4.90.3000, IE5, NTL dialup, AVG and Zone Alarm.

I tried to show him the PCA site so that he could put any problems he gets on here but all I kept getting upon opening the site was box after box with the webpage,

B_Vibrant.news_sport_mobile_IT Content/Hutchinson_UK/2_Vibrant_120/security until the PC put up a blue screen of death and the onlyoption I had was to reboot.

I attempted to download 'SpywareBlaster' but got a message saying:

runtime error 339 MSCOMCTLDCX missing or invalid.

I have downloaded and run 'Ad aware' and 'SpyBlaster Search and Destroy' I've also downloaded the IE5 security patches but when I try to get onto the PCA site, I get 'B_Vibrant' boxes until the PC crashes.

At present I an downloading IE6. But after that I will be stumped. Has anyone got any thoughts on where to go from here?

Many thanks,

Mike

Jester2K II 22:48 20 Jul 03

Runtime Error 339: MSCOMCTL.ocx missing

Download the file from below, unzip it and copy it to the windows/system folder.

click here

Jester2K II 22:50 20 Jul 03

Common User Issues/Missing Files:
Does SpywareBlaster not run, and report that a file named "msvbvm60.dll" is missing?
If so, downloading the following MS run-time installer will install the missing file and
allow you to use SpywareBlaster without any problems:
click here

Do you get an error that "MSCOMCTL.OCX" cannot be found?
If so, use the following installer to copy the file to your system:
click here

Jester2K II 22:51 20 Jul 03

Use the second linkin the second posting above.

As for the Vibrant problem...

Shamrock7 23:49 20 Jul 03

Hi All, I've downloaded, IE6 and installed all of the files you've supplied. Run Spyware blaster and 'B_Vibrant etc' is still loading on this page.

It loads twice as the page appears and twice after you log on... then it attempts to load stacks of times. I also ran Ad aware 6 after rebooting PC once I'd downloaded the files from the sites you've given me.

It seems that its only this site because Google and Downloads.com do not get the 'B_Vibrant' traetment when we access them.

Any more ideas please. have to go to bed now cos neighbour is throwing me out...lol

Mike

(Ps he says I'm 'fibbin')

Shamrock7 00:11 21 Jul 03

Hi All,

Silly me i overlooked the zipped file you provided..we unzipped it and it seems to have worked.

Thanks very much for all your help...neighbour now happy and made me a cuppa!!!!

Thanks again,

Mike

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

The updated 'Corel Painter inside Photoshop' plugin ParticleShop offers new brushes

New MacBook Pro 2017 release date, UK price and tech specs: Kaby Lake MacBook Pro to launch in…