Problem with PC access

StevenW 21:49 08 Jul 10

I apologise if this question has already been addressed - I have looked but not seen anything similar.

Setup:
Orange ISP with ADSL connection
Dell PC (Windows 7) with wired connection to D-Link DSL-G624T router
Laptop (Windows Vista) wirelessly connected
Laptop (Windows XP) wirelessly connected

Over the past couple of months the PC has been getting more difficult to connect to the router. Sometimes just a Restart would resolve the problems, other times the PC and router had to be powered off and on. Nowadays it may take multiple restarts to get the PC to recognise the router connection.

The router powers up but the PC is not linking to the internet. The two laptops though can still connect wirelessly. So, presumably, the router is OK.

I have changed the cable between the router and PC without it making any difference.

Is the problem possibly with the card in the PC? I haven't changed that yet. If it is not the card, what else could it be?

Thanks in anticipation...

onthelimit 15:38 09 Jul 10

Could be the card, could be the driver. Worth trying an uninstall then reinstall.

Ashrich 23:09 09 Jul 10

The network card is likely to be built in to the motherboard , uninstall it from Device manager and reboot , also try downloading the latest drivers for it , although I would imagine as a Windows 7 PC it probably has the latest ones already

Ashley

StevenW 18:01 11 Jul 10

Yep, the card is integral with the motherboard. However, I was going to invest in a new separate network card.

I'll try reseating the card first though.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This abstract video touches on division in our technologic world

Best alternatives to iTunes for Mac | Best music players for macOS: Free your music from the…