Problem with Outpost and Messenger 5.0

I have just installed the Agnitum Outpost firewall (free version) on my PC. It works great apart from one small problem. I can't get MSN Messenger (5.0) to connect to the internet with it.

If I close 5.0 down and start up an old 4.7 version, this works perfectly.

As soon as I click on Sign In an error comes back saying that there is a problem with my internet connection. I know for a fact that there isn't. If I stop Outpost and try Signing In again it works okay.

I am using a 2 Ghz PC, with XP Home, 512 Mb memory and a normal 56k dial-up modem.

Is there a change I need to make to Outpost to get this working? It would be a shame to remove it as it works so well for everything else.

Thanks in advance.

Iain.

Is there anybody who is using Outpost with MSN Messenger version 5.0 without a problem?

If so, did you have to make any changes to get it working?

Can I uninstall Messenger 5.0 and reinstall it?

Why is it, that when I upgraded to 5.0, the old version 4.7 stayed on my system? Shouldn't it have been replaced?

Sorry for asking more questions.

Iain.

Do any of you on the last shift have any ideas?

bump

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Amazon Fire HD 8 review: A brilliant combination of function and value – with one massive caveat

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How to create an introvert-friendly workplace

iPhone 7 review: Enhanced cameras, a refreshed design and water resistance make the iPhone 7 an…