Problem with Outlook and Yahoo mail

exdragon 22:12 08 Nov 05

Hi - I've got XP, Outlook 2002 (not Outlook Express) and my broadband is from BT Yahoo.
I use Outlook to send and receive mail and up until lunch time today there were no problems.

Now, any mail goes straight to Yahoo and doesn't appear in Outlook. I haven't changed any settings and have checked in Tools/Email Accounts and the POP and SMTP settings are both mail.btinternet.com. In Yahoo mail help, I can only find out how to set up accounts in Outlook, which is what I've already done.

I seem to be going round in ever decreasing circles and am sure it's something simple in Yahoo which I've missed. I've been using the same set up for years!

i.tech 22:16 08 Nov 05

Access you BT account via webmail - you should be able to check if you've got a forwarding address. If it runs the same as most ISP's webmail you'll be able to select tools (or options) and rules, make sure there isn't an address is the "forward address" box. (It may not be the exact procedure I laid out as I've never used BT webmail)

i.tech 22:18 08 Nov 05

Sorry I just re-read the post and realised that yahoo is your ISP > doh!!

exdragon 09:03 09 Nov 05

I don't believe it, I spent hours on this last night, then discovered as soon as I switched the thing on that there wasn't a tick in the Send/receive box when Outlook is online... Grrrr

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…